Boy in coma after parents feed him puffer fish

Zhang Yang
A nine-year-old boy suffered from symptoms similar to food poisoning, but doctors found it was something much more serious.
Zhang Yang

Edited and translated by Zhang Yang. Polished by Andy Boreham. 

A nine-year-old boy suffered from symptoms similar to food poisoning recently in China’s Fujian Province, but doctors found it was something much more serious.

He soon went into a coma asd then his heart stopped beating. After about seven days of intensive care, the boy is now in a stable condition.

It turned out his parents fed him puffer fish, a very poisonous fish that is forbidden for sale in China. 

Special Reports
Top