Home » Latest News

10 new Ebola cases with 7 deaths reported in Guinea

CONAKRY, March 29 (Xinhua) -- Ten new cases of Ebola with seven deaths were reported on Friday in Guinea, bringing the total number of cases to 112 and 70 deaths since the declaration of this deadly epidemic, a source from the health ministry has said.

To develop a harmonized fight against the disease, the health ministry organized a forum bringing together all senior officials of health institutions, to provide them with necessary tools to report any relevant information in real time for a quick response.

The head of disease prevention unit Sakoba Keita said a vast census operation had been launched targeting all those who had come into contact with any Ebola patient in hospital or at home.

The health authorities have equally decided to set up commissions in all communal health centers to examine the development of the situation with regard to Ebola virus.

Keita urged families of those who had died from Ebola to avoid taking part in the burial ceremonies.

To support Guinea's bid to fight against Ebola epidemic, the health agency of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has given the country 150,000 U.S. dollars.

  • 沪ICP证:沪ICP备05050403
  • |
  • 网络视听许可证:0909346
  • |
  • 广播电视节目制作许可证:沪字第354号
  • |
  • 增值电信业务经营许可证:沪B2-20120012

 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend