13 held over amusement park brawl | Shanghai Daily

Related News

Home » Nation

13 held over amusement park brawl


GUANZHOU police said yesterday they have arrested 13 men after a violent attack in the city's amusement park last week.

The police nabbed 16 suspects in Guangdong Province, and 13 have now been detained, Xinhua news agency reported. They also seized a gun, bullets and other weapons.

Police said they are still hunting for others involved.

The police said its Tianhe District branch was called to the attack at the Guangzhou Grand World Scenic Park at dawn on April 7.

More than 40 men rampaged through the amusement park, destroying equipment and attacking the workers with fishing forks, sticks, knives, iron bars and guns.

Six security guards at the park were hurt, including one who was shot.

Police said workers from the Yongshida company had probably organized the attack.

The police have arrested Liu Mouzhi, who was in charge of the Yongshida company.

Liu said he organized a number of unemployed people to go to Guangzhou on April 6 and attack the park and the workers.

Since 2005 Yongshida workers and the amusement park have been fighting over disputes involving contracts, power and dormitories, Guangzhou police said.

There had been four fights reported so far this year, police said.




 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend