34 people in HK are let out of quarantine | Shanghai Daily

Related News

Home » Nation

34 people in HK are let out of quarantine

THIRTY-FOUR people were released from quarantine in Hong Kong yesterday after being cleared of swine flu, a spokesman for the health department of the special administrative region said.

The group included travelers who arrived in Hong Kong last week on the same flight with a 25-year-old Mexican man who tested positive for the H1N1 virus and one of the two taxi drivers who came into contact with the patient.

Thomas Tsang, head of Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection, said the group had been declared 100 percent fit and apologized for the inconvenience caused by their confinement following the confirmation of a case of human swine flu in Hong Kong last Friday.

Tsang also thanked them for their cooperation in helping to protect public health.

Twenty-eight members of the group were held at the Lady MacLehose Holiday Village, three in the Lei Yue Mun Park and Holiday Village and three at Princess Margaret Hospital during the seven-day quarantine period.

The second taxi driver held in Lady MacLehose Holiday Village was scheduled to be released last night.

Another close contact of the swine flu patient who accompanied him to a hospital was scheduled to be released at the same time.

An additional group of people who might have come into contact with the patient after he checked in at the Metropark Hotel in Wan Chai and who had been quarantined will be released this evening, according to the spokesman.




 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend