Boy, 7, survives 10,000-volt shock | Shanghai Daily

Related News

Home » Nation

Boy, 7, survives 10,000-volt shock

A BOY has survived a 10,000-volt electric shock in southwest China with just burns to his hands, a local newspaper reported yesterday.

Doctors could not find any other problems with seven-year-old He Haoyang after conducting a thorough medical check-up at a local hospital.

Doctors have kept the boy in to monitor his recovery and make sure he has no muscle damage, the Chongqing Morning Post reported.

He, from Tongjiang County of Sichuan Province, was playing with wires in a field on March 8, said his mother, Liu Jun. The wires suddenly broke and he got hit by 10,000 volts, the report said.

"He fell down shortly after being shocked," Liu said. "His friends shouted to him 'Run!' and he managed to run a few steps forward."

Employees with local power company said the boy's survival was a miracle and he survived because he managed to get away from the area. They said the grass near the broken wires was all burned.




 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend