Girl, 2, mainland's eighth confirmed case | Shanghai Daily

Related News

Home » Nation

Girl, 2, mainland's eighth confirmed case

CHINA'S Health Ministry confirmed yesterday that a two-year-old girl in Fujian Province who returned from the United States with her family via Hong Kong tested positive for the A/H1N1 virus.

The patient, the eighth confirmed case on the Chinese mainland, has been isolated and is being treated in the municipal hospital in Fuzhou, provincial capital of Fujian.

The girl was reported to be a suspected swine flu case on Saturday afternoon.

The ministry said the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention had conducted tests on the girl's samples on Saturday, which showed she was positive for the virus. A team of five experts from the Health Ministry made the final conclusion yesterday.

The patient was in a stable condition, the ministry said.

Eight of her close contacts, including family members and a taxi driver, are quarantined at the hospital. No one has shown flu symptoms.

The provincial health department has tracked down 30 of the 38 people who had close contact with the girl on the KA662 flight, which the family took on Wednesday.

The eight others have left the Chinese mainland. The ministry said the 30 had been put under medical observation.

On Tuesday, the family took flight CX841 from New York International Airport to Hong Kong, arriving at 2pm the next day. They then took flight KA662 to Changle International Airport in Fuzhou.





 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend