HFMD claims first life in Guizhou | Shanghai Daily

Related News

Home » Nation

HFMD claims first life in Guizhou

GUIZHOU Province reported on Saturday its first death from hand-foot-mouth disease this year, an official with the provincial health bureau said over the weekend.

No details about the victim were released.

Guizhou Province has so far reported 641 cases of infections from the highly contagious disease. Cases have been widely distributed in the province, spreading over 59 counties, the official said.

Henan Province and its neighboring Shandong Province have reported 32 deaths from the HFMD outbreak this year, including a child who died in Shandong on Saturday, officials announced yesterday.

By last Tuesday, the disease had killed 50 children nationwide, a Health Ministry official said on Friday; 115,000 cases have been reported.



 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend