Kidnap blog story was an invention | Shanghai Daily

Related News

Home » Nation

Kidnap blog story was an invention

A WIDELY-CIRCULATED blog post that claimed two sisters from Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region had been kidnapped and trafficked to Shaanxi Province by a legislator and a senior police officer has been confirmed as baseless, Xinhua news agency reported yesterday.

The father of the two sisters was reported to tell the fabricated story to a university student, who later wrote the blog post and uploaded it on April 9 with a video clip, the government of Yangxian County, Shaanxi Province, told a press conference on Friday.

The story was reprinted by more than 60 domestic Websites or bulletin board systems and viewed by about 70,000 Netizens, creating fierce controversy.

Yangxian County authorit°?ies found the story online and set up a task force to investigate, Xinhua said.

Huang Youjie, a farmer from Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, told a student studying at a university in Xi'an, Shaanxi's capital, his two daughters were kidnapped, and trafficked by a legislator and a police chief in Yangxian County.

The two women were also raped and beaten when they tried to escape, Huang said.

However, it was all a lie, Xinhua said. Huang's two daughters, who are married to two Yangxian natives, live happily and peacefully out of town, but both have had disagreements with Huang.

One daughter said she couldn't understand her father's motive and was ashamed by what he had done.

The other said her father was a violent man, and often beat the pair of them, as well as their mother and their younger brother.

According to the daughters, Huang's wife had suffered long-term domestic violence before dying, reportedly freezing to death, in her hometown in Shandong Province, where she was sent by Huang. However, Huang blamed his daughters for his wife death.

The daughters said Huang demanded 40,000 yuan (US$5,860) from them in 2006, or he would not allow them to marry their husbands.

According to Xinhua, a joint-probe by the Ministry of Public Security and the public security department of Shaanxi Province had the same conclusion.

The county government will pursue legal liability for people or Websites responsible for the spread of the rumor.




 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend