Mainland verifies new H1N1 cases | Shanghai Daily

The story appears on

Page A7

September 15, 2009

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Nation

Mainland verifies new H1N1 cases

THE Chinese mainland confirmed 1,598 new cases of swine flu in the 72 hours ending at 3pm yesterday, bringing the total number to 9,103, the Ministry of Health said in Beijing.

Among the newly confirmed cases, only 14 were "imported cases" while the remaining 1,584 had been contracted on the Chinese mainland, the ministry said.

Of the total H1N1 cases reported so far, 5,350 patients have recovered, the ministry said. So far there have been no deaths from the flu reported in China.

Last Friday, the ministry said the flu was spreading from cities to rural areas and from coastal provinces to inland areas.

Liang Wannian, deputy director of the ministry's health emergency office, said domestic cases had made up the majority of new infections instead of imported cases, and cases of large-scale group infections replaced isolated ones.

All 31 provincial areas on the Chinese mainland have now reported swine flu cases.

Last Thursday, the State Council, or Cabinet, issued an edict to step up the campaign against swine flu. It promised to take effective measures such as free vaccinations and allowing flexible work hours.

Beijing started vaccinating about 1.8 million residents aged 60 years and above and students at primary and middle schools last Wednesday.

The Chinese mainland reported its first critical case of H1N1 on August 13.





 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend