Toxic fumes send students to hospital | Shanghai Daily

Related News

Home » Nation

Toxic fumes send students to hospital

TWELVE primary school students in Shaanxi Province were hospitalized after inhaling toxic fumes yesterday, Xinhua news agency reported today.

More than 170 students from a middle school and primary school in Abaozhai of Tongchuan City New Area in the northwestern province were sent to a local hospital at 9am after complaining of stomach pains, dizziness and vomiting, Li Yaru, the headmaster of the Abaozhai Primary School, said.

Twelve of the students were kept in hospital for further treatment.

The Healthcare and disease prevention department of Tongchuan said the toxic fumes might have been caused by pesticides being spread in nearby fields or a construction site. The environmental protection bureau, the safety supervision bureau and police are investigating.



 

Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend