Third CIIE in fine fettle despite virus concerns
Dozens of enterprises have signed up to participate in the third China International Import Expo in early February despite coronavirus fears.
Although many have not yet fully resumed work, businesses have shown a positive attitude toward the third CIIE to be held in November. Dozens of enterprises have submitted materials and signed agreements for thousands of square meters for exhibition areas.
According to Lu Peng of the National Exhibition and Convention Center, staff resumed work on January 31, and have completed a large amount of data collection, coordination and communication, handling nearly a hundred contracts.
"During the epidemic, we have tried new ways of working in areas such as operational procedure," Lu said, noting the use of "non-contact" communication with nearly 300 enterprises. People can also use WeChat, other apps or call the 24-hour 968888 customer service hotline.
From January 16 to February 19, the hotline received a total of 1,300 calls, nearly triple the number in the same period of last year.
The enthusiasm of foreign-funded enterprises has not been affected, said Wen Xin of the forum office of China International Import Expo Bureau. For example, Lafarge Group from Northern Europe contacted the bureau on the first day they resumed work.
The world's leading toy manufacturer Lego and the multinational food-products corporation Danone both have contracts and have paid their membership fees in the past two weeks.