Shanghai Daily is looking for native English-speaking copy-editors for our news desk.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Editing, fact checking, rewriting and improving copy with care and sensitivity, and ensuring copy is error-free;
- Crafting outstanding SEO and print headlines and captions;
- Capable of quickly turning around raw copy when needed, and the patience and good humor to work constructively with reporters for whom English is a second language;
- Advising on appropriate, accurate and eye-catching visual elements for stories;
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a real-time news operation, a wire service or a major national newspaper;
- Awareness of legal responsibilities in copy, and of social media as a news dissemination tool;
- Can-do attitude with excellent English subbing skills and zero tolerance for errors in grammar, spelling and content;
- Solid news judgment and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
To apply, please send your resume, and a recent photo of yourself, to email@example.com