Flask blast injures woman on metro

An exploding vacuum flask’s lid injured a woman on Metro Line 9 on Monday afternoon.

An exploding vacuum flask’s lid injured a woman on Metro Line 9 on Monday afternoon.

The accident occurred after dry ice inside the cup expanded.

The city’s Metro police said the incident happened in a carriage at Zhaojiabang Road station. The vacuum flask was carried by a student from a local medical school.

The vacuum flask’s lid popped up as the gas expanded, injuring a female passenger’s jaw. The escaping white gas also caused some passengers to panic in the carriage.

Dry ice is not listed as forbidden product in Metro security check, according to the Metro police.

Special Reports
Top