E-commerce platform tops complaints list

Hu Min
Shanghai Consumer Council reveals a 19.9% increase in complaints in the first six months compared to the same period in the previous year. 
Hu Min

E-commerce platform Pinduoduo, E-bike firm Xiangqi and online travel operator Ctrip were the subject of the largest number of complaints in the first half of this year, Shanghai Consumer Council revealed on Monday.

Pinduoduo had more than 7,000 complaints from January to June, topping the list, according to the council.

All three are Shanghai-based companies.

The Shanghai branches of online shopping site JD.com, Apple (Shanghai), China Mobile and online food delivery platforms Ele.me and Meituan were also in the top 10 list following the three, the council said.

Consumer councils citywide received 97,678 complaints between January and June, a rise of 19.9 percent from the same period last year, it said.

Product complaints accounted for 39.5 percent, with clothing, vehicles and home appliances the most complained about. The remaining 60.5 percent were all related to services.

Shared bikes were a hot topic, with 8,609 complaints, a surge of 239.7 percent. Delays in returning deposits, abnormal charges and poor after-sales services were the most complained about.

The council also received 4,607 complaints about automobiles and parts in the six-month period, up 61.9 percent.

Some 7,300 complaints were about tours, air tickets, accommodation and railway tickets. 

Special Reports
Top