Boy took mother's medicine after row

Doctors have saved the life of a 14-year-old boy after he swallowed his mother's hypertension medicine during a quarrel.

Doctors have saved the life of a 14-year-old boy after he swallowed his mother’s hypertension medicine during a quarrel, the Shanghai Children’s Medical Center said on Tuesday.

The boy was rushed to the hospital with low blood pressure and low consciousness on July 29. 

His mother told doctors that the boy had swallowed a batch of her hypertension medicine.

He was finally stabilized after receiving gastric lavage, respiratory medicine, a plasma exchange and hemodialysis.

The mother said she had scolded the boy for spending too long on his cell phone and for a decline in his academic performance. 

Both have been provided with counselling. 

Special Reports
Top