Shanghai reports 3 more coronavirus cases, total hits 302
Three more novel coronavirus pneumonia cases have been confirmed in the city, with another 56 suspected cases ruled out, the Shanghai Health Commission said on Tuesday morning.
So far, the city has reported a total of 302 infections and ruled out 1,186 suspected cases.
The three newly diagnosed patients — two from Baoshan District and one from Yangpu District — are all Shanghai residents who have local registered residency or stayed in the city for over six months.
Among the 302 confirmed patients, aged between 7 months and 88 years old, three are still under investigation for how they became infected.
A total of 97 patients are from outside the city — 66 from Wuhan, 23 from other cities in Hubei Province, two each from Anhui and Jiangsu provinces, and one each from Heilongjiang, Hunan, Shaanxi and Gansu provinces.
The commission said 233 patients are stable, 10 are in serious condition and 10 are critical. Forty-eight patients have recovered and been discharged from hospital. There has been only one local fatality. Another 180 suspected cases are undergoing tests.