One more confirmed infection in the city, total rises to 303
One more novel coronavirus pneumonia case was confirmed in the city, with another 43 suspected cases ruled out and four patients being discharged upon recovery, the Shanghai Health Commission said on Tuesday afternoon.
So far, the city has reported a total of 303 infections and ruled out 1,229 suspected cases.
The newly diagnosed patient comes from Jiangsu Province.
Among the 303 confirmed patients, aged between 7 months and 88 years old, three are still under investigation into how they became infected.
A total of 98 patients are from outside the city — 66 from Wuhan, 23 from other cities in Hubei Province, three from Jiangsu Province, two from Anhui Province, and one each from Heilongjiang, Hunan, Shaanxi and Gansu provinces.
The commission said that 231 patients are stable, nine are in serious condition and 10 are critical. Fifty-two patients have recovered and been discharged from hospital. There has been only one local fatality. Another 195 suspected cases are undergoing tests.
Zheng Jin, a spokeswoman for the Shanghai Health Commission, also released the whereabouts of seven new patients reported on Monday. They live in five districts and have activities in eight districts.
All close contacts of these patients have been put into quarantine for medical observation and relevant residential complexes and public venues have been disinfected.
She insisted that every person confirmed with infection in Shanghai, no matter if he or she is a local resident or from another province, will be included in the city's statistics and publicized.
“Shanghai has 3,853 medical facilities with 77,700 doctors and 97,100 nurses, who can meet the needs for coronavirus control and normal health services of local residents,” she told a news briefing on Tuesday.
So far, Shanghai has dispatched a total of 937 medical staff, including 198 doctors and 644 nurses, to support Hubei Province, she said.