Another 3 coronavirus cases reported in Shanghai, total infections hit 306
Three more coronavirus cases have been confirmed in the city, with another 80 suspected cases ruled out, the Shanghai Health Commission said on Wednesday morning.
So far, the city has reported a total of 306 infections and ruled out 1,309 suspected cases.
Among the three newly diagnosed patients, one comes from Wuhan, the center of the current epidemic, and two are Shanghai residents, who have local registered residency or stayed in the city for over six months. One each lives in Huangpu and Changning districts.
Among the 306 confirmed patients, aged between 7 months and 88 years old, two are still under investigation for how they became infected.
A total of 99 patients are from outside the city — 67 from Wuhan, 23 from other cities in Hubei Province, three from Juangsu Province, two from Anhui Province, and one each from Heilongjiang, Hunan, Shaanxi and Gansu provinces.
The commission said 233 patients are stable, nine are in serious condition and 10 are critical. Fifty-three patients have recovered and been discharged from hospital. There has been only one local fatality. Another 177 suspected cases are undergoing tests.