Police detail who can enter city by road
Following a government announcement that people with no place of residence and no job in Shanghai can’t enter the city by road at present, on Wednesday traffic police outlined the details.
1. People who work in the city can enter after showing police a picture of proof of employment and don’t have to have it in paper form.
2. People who have a place of residence but are not employed in Shanghai can enter.
3. People coming to Shanghai for business can enter if they have a place of residence or a job in Shanghai.
4. Unmarried companions of people entitled to enter Shanghai can’t enter if they don’t have a place of residence and are not employed in the city.
5. People coming to Shanghai to take a flight can show their plane tickets or related proof to police, but they can’t be accompanied by people who don’t have a place of residence or are not employed in Shanghai.
6. People coming to Shanghai to see a doctor can show their reservation or records of previous hospital trips to police.
7. Home helpers who don’t have a place of residence in Shanghai can enter the city with a working contract.