Shanghai reports one new coronavirus case
One new coronavirus case was reported in Shanghai in the latest 12 hours as of midnight Wednesday, said the Shanghai Health Commission.
Meanwhile, another 22 suspected cases have been ruled out, said the commission.
The newly diagnosed case was a Hubei Province native, who lives in Shanghai's Jinshan District. He went to Suizhou, Hubei, to visit relatives on January 17 and returned to Shanghai on January 26. He went to the hospital on February 25 and was confirmed infection later. The health authority is doing epidemiological investigation on him.
So far, the city has reported 337 infections and ruled out 2,285 suspected cases.
Among all confirmed patients, aged between 7 months and 88 years old, 144 have traveled or lived in Hubei Province, 34 have traveled or lived in other regions, 158 had contact history with infected persons and one case is undergoing investigation.
A total of 111 patients are from outside the city, while 226 are local residents, which include those with registered residency and people staying in the city for over six months.
According to the local health commission, 50 patients are stable, three are in serious condition and nine are critical. A total of 272 patients have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
There have been three local fatalities so far. Another 74 suspected cases are undergoing tests.