14 imported coronavirus cases reported in Shanghai
Fourteen new imported cases of coronavirus were reported in the city on Saturday, bringing the total number of such infections to 56, said the Shanghai Health Commission on Sunday morning.
Meanwhile, 26 imported suspected cases are undergoing check, the commission said.
One more patient was discharged upon recovery, and another patient died despite medical treatment.
Among the newly diagnosed cases, two Israeli brothers who had traveled in the US left Los Angeles on March 18 and arrived at the Pudong International Airport the next day via Taipei. They were put under quarantine upon arrival.
The third is an American, who traveled in the US and left Minnesota on March 17 and arrived at the Pudong airport on March 19 via Tokyo. The person was put under quarantine upon arrival.
The fourth is a Macau native, who made a business trip in the UK and left London on March 17 and arrived at the Hongqiao International Airport on March 19 via Hong Kong. The person was put quarantine upon arrival.
Six cases involved are Chinese who studied in the UK and traveled to the city from London.
A Canadian, who studied in the UK, left London on March 18 and arrived at the Pudong airport the next day via Tokyo. The person was sent to a designated hospital for showing symptoms upon arrival.
Among the cases were a couple, both Zhejiang Province natives, who worked in Spain. They left Madrid on March 17 and arrived at the Pudong airport the next day via Hong Kong. They were put under quarantine upon arrival.
The 14th case is a German, who visited family in Switzerland. The person left Zurich on March 19 and arrived at the Pudong airport via Bangkok on March 20 and was under quarantine upon arrival.
All the patients have been transferred to the designated hospital for treatment and 120 close contacts of them on the planes have been tracked down and put under quarantine and observation, the commission said.
There were no new local cases, either confirmed or suspected, reported on Saturday. So far, there have been 338 local cases reported and no new cases for a consecutive 19 days.
The new fatality was a 75-year-old man who was already suffering from bladder cancer. He started to experience breath failure while being hospitalized on February 1 and was in critical condition. He was pronounced dead on Saturday morning.
Till now, 63 patients are hospitalized for treatment, including 55 imported cases. Fifty-five are stable, one in serious condition and seven are critical.
So far, 327 people have been discharged upon recovery. There are four local fatalities.