GSMA cancels Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2020

Xinhua
The Global System for Mobile Communications Alliance has canceled the MWC Shanghai 2020, which had been scheduled to be held between June 30 and July 2 in Shanghai.
Xinhua

The Global System for Mobile Communications Alliance (GSMA) has canceled the Mobile World Congress (MWC) Shanghai 2020, which had been scheduled to be held between June 30 and July 2 in Shanghai.

The organizer of the conference announced the cancellation in light of the current government guidance, the global concern regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, travel restrictions and other circumstances.

The GSMA said it will work with the government and health authorities to find a suitable date and venue to hold regional conferences in China in the latter half of 2020.

Since the first edition of MWC in China, MWC Shanghai has grown to a three-day international event that attracts senior executives and companies from a wide range of vertical industry sectors to the region, the GSMA said.

Over 4,000 insiders of the mobile industry and related industries participated in the MWC Shanghai 2019, among whom 60 percent were senior executives from the world's leading enterprises like Huawei, Qualcomm, JP Morgan and China's three major mobile operators, including more than 350 CEOs. 

Special Reports
Top