Boy uses TV trick to save himself, sister from blaze

A quick-minded boy in Lianshui, Jiangsu Province saved himself and his 2-year-old sister from a fire hazard using skills he learned from TV.

A quick-minded boy in Lianshui, Jiangsu Province saved himself and his 2-year-old sister from a fire using skills he learned from TV.

The incident happened around 8pm on August 19 when a garage in the community suddenly caught fire.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, most people upstairs had been evacuated but there were still two children trapped on the third floor.

The boy, 10, remained calm and placed wet towels over his and his sister's mouths to save themselves from suffocating on smoke while waiting for rescue.

When firefighters finally reached them, they put masks on the two children's faces and took them to safety.

As the fire was put out in time, it didn't cause major property damage.

When asked how he knew how to save themselves from suffocation, the boy said he learnt it from TV.



Special Reports
Top