The story appears on

Page A5

January 12, 2017

GET this page in PDF

Free for subscribers

View shopping cart

Related News

Home » Metro » Society

Apartment block blast injures 1

ONE man was injured in an explosion at a home in Yangpu District last night, believed to have been caused by a gas leak, district government officials said.

The explosion happened about 8:50pm at 398 Kongjiang Road and destroyed the balconies of two apartments on the second and third floors.

A male resident was seen stuck under debris in the second floor. He was later pulled out and sent to hospital. Doctors said the injury was not life-threatening.

The explosion prompted the evacuation of the building. Nearby residents were moved to local hotels as the investigation goes on.

The blast affected a neighboring building too. At least five apartments lost power. Qiu Rongzhen, 57, who lives in the second floor, said windows in his balcony were destroyed and the ceiling cracked.


Copyright © 1999- Shanghai Daily. All rights reserved.Preferably viewed with Internet Explorer 8 or newer browsers.

沪公网安备 31010602000204号

Email this to your friend