Policeman removes wires with bare hands after old man electrocuted
A policeman in Xinghua, Jiangsu Province, took a risk unfastening live wires with his bare hands to save an old man who was electrocuted on July 8, The Beijing News reported.
The policeman, Huang Weian, discovered an old man lying on the ground beside an electric tricycle when he was patrolling with his colleague.
A closer look led him to realize that the man had received an electric shock — his hands were bound with wires from the tricycle.
To save the man, Huang removed the wires with his bare hands and then carried the man to the back of the police pickup truck to rush him to hospital.
On their way, he kept telling the man, who was weak from the shock, to persist.
After running two red lights, the pickup arrived at the hospital, 6 kilometers away, in just four minutes.
Thanks to the timely rescue, the old man is now in a stable condition.
Huang said after the incident, "I couldn't find tools like a wooden stick to help remove the wires, so I did it with my hands. At that point, I felt my hands numbing and my eyes dull a bit but I had no time to think too much."
According to local police, the old man, who happened to be ill that day, fainted after he accidentally touched the wires while repairing his tricycle.