- All aboard! Epic drama focuses on locomotive history
- Live broadcast from Beijing inspires officials and residents as they gather in celebration
- High-quality development improving lives
- China's record National Day holiday box office reflects patriotic passion
- Xi, Kim exchange congratulations on 70 years of diplomatic ties
Remembering the Past
Shanghai: An unexpected city where Communist Party of China was born
Shanghai is China’s financial center, a place where companies from around the country and around the globe meet to do business. At first thought, it might seem an unlikely place to witness the official beginnings...
The Miracle of Shanghai: How the city saved thousands of Jews during World War II
In Hongkou District, nestled to the north of Shanghai's famous Pudong skyline, is an area covering roughly 2 square kilometers that for thousands of Jewish refugees was once home.
Shanghai's General Post Office: A battle to end all battles
Shanghai's General Post Office Building is one of the city's iconic buildings, but many are unaware of the fierce battle that took place there that led to Shanghai's liberation.
First battle a turning point for Shanghai
As a foreigner living in Shanghai, I’ll be the first to admit that my knowledge of this city’s history is lacking, to put it lightly.
With the 70th anniversary of the Liberation of Shanghai fast approaching, I thought it was high time to check out some of the struggles...