Young couple take selfies at home after fire

A young couple from Guilin in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region found the lighter side of a bad situation by taking funny selfies in their home after it caught fire on January 8.

A young couple from Guilin in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region found the lighter side of a bad situation by taking funny selfies in their home after it caught fire on January 8.

As seen in a video shot by the couple at their home after the fire was put out, their faces and pajamas were both blackened by smoke and ash, according to The Beijing News. 

The man, surnamed Zhong, warned people in the video that fire safety is very important in winter. He then went on to say that a positive attitude is key in life and his girlfriend wished everyone a prosperous new year, despite the not-so-great start to theirs. 

The pair took several selfies, even posing with a fire extinguisher in their charred living room. 

According to Zhong, they turned on the heater to dry some clothes around 8am. Soon after he heard a crackling sound while he was in the toilet. 

The fire grew in intensity within just one minute, charring the couple's living room, kitchen, and toilet.

Their neighbors rushed to bring them a fire extinguisher, and it took them 7 or 8 minutes to put out the blaze. 

Despite having a laugh about it, Zhong said he still felt shocked and scared about what happened.

Special Reports
Top