The National Exhibition and Convention Center, the CIIE venue.
All overseas visitors attending the 3rd China International Import Expo (CIIE) in November must undergo a 14-day quarantine in designated hotels along with multiple tests, the city government announced on Sunday.
The attendees from abroad will be subject to the city’s strict “closed-loop” management, which has been proved effective in the management of overseas arrivals amid the novel coronavirus pandemic.
“Since the city reported the first imported COVID-19 case on March 5, the most successful experience is the strict ‘closed-loop’ management, which will be applied to CIIE participants from abroad,” the city government said on its official WeChat account.
The overseas participants are also required to conduct a 14-day self-health observation before their entry to China.
Upon arrival, they must complete the health declaration as well as receive a temperature check and the nucleic acid test. Custom officers may board aircraft to conduct inspections.
Anyone with symptoms such as a fever or cough will be sent to designated hospitals by ambulance for further screening and treatment.
During the 14-day group quarantine at designated hotels, two additional nucleic acid tests will be conducted on the 5th and 12th days.
Only those passing the tests and completing the quarantine can be released and participate in the CIIE, which will run from November 5 and 10 at the National Exhibition and Convention Center in Qingpu District.
The city government also released the general COVID-19 prevention plan for the 3rd CIIE on Sunday.
As part of the measures, all participants and staff in the exhibition zone must take the nucleic acid test. Those who need to enter the exhibition areas between October 24 and November 2 as well as November 3 and 12 must have a COVID-19 negative certificate received within seven days, according to the stipulation.
30 percent capacity limitation
Unnecessary domestic participants from high-risk regions shall not come to the city, while staff entering the restricted zones of the expo must have conducted a 14-day self-health observation from Saturday (October 10). They are also required to avoid leaving the city.
The capacity of the exhibition halls will be limited to 30 percent of its maximum during the expo. All the attendees must wear masks, with entry times staggered. Reservation are required, and limitation on entries will be imposed to control the number of visitors.
No frozen or fresh food is allowed to be sold in the exhibition zone. Tasting of uncooked food will be forbidden.
All imported exhibits to the CIIE will also undergo inspection and quarantine. Imported frozen food will be tested, monitored and disinfected.
Important foreign guests and domestic participants from medium or high risk regions will be required to stay in designated hotels. Staff at the hotels will conduct a 14-day self-health observation, and some will have nucleic acid tests before serving guests.
CIIE participants are also required to wear masks when taking the city’s public transport. They must receive temperature checks at Metro stations and nearby parking lots.
“The city will built four COVID-19 prevention barriers on the border, city, region and exhibition zone to minimize the risk, prevent community transmission or the gathering of coronavirus cases related to the CIIE,” the general plan states.
The city reported 10 new imported coronavirus cases on Saturday, said the Shanghai Health Commission on Sunday.
So far, of all the 706 imported cases, 645 have been discharged upon recovery and 61 are still hospitalized. Eight imported suspected cases are undergoing tests.
Of all the 342 local cases, 335 have been discharged upon recovery. There have been seven local fatalities so far.
Editor: Cai Wenjun